We recognise our responsibilities as global citizens and continually strive to reduce the environmental impact of the services we provide.
We are committed to improving environmental performance. We strive to minimise any negative effects upon the local and global environment. Our environmental objectives are as follows:
To ensure that all our activities comply with the relevant environmental laws, regulations and industry codes of practice. Where there are no applicable external standards Step Up Security employ our own policies and targets to ensure that all activities support our environmental responsibilities.
To regularly review the levels of waste throughout the company and the percentage of total waste recycled. We endeavour to increase the recyclability of our products and support our customers to dispose of our products responsibly at the end of their life cycle.
To regularly review the amount of energy, raw materials and resources used in every area of the company including investment in modern machinery with high energy efficiency.
Step Up Security Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment and is ISO14001 accredited through the SSAIB.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.